Into Dutch Soils
This booklet provides an overview of 35 years of Dutch soil policy development, beginning with a description of how it all began: the geological and historical development of the Netherlands. It considers questions like: Why does a of the Dutch population live below sea level? And how have the activities of the Dutch over time affected the soil quality?
A host of publications are available on a variety of subjects: site remediation, sustainable land management, soil treatment and reuse, leaching behaviour, etc. For copyright reasons, we are unable to make these publications available on this website.
Instead, we have provided several PowerPoint presentations (pdf) for information purposes.
- The mismatch between (in-situ) soil site investigation and (ex-situ) excavated soil quality
- Development and application of a quality control and assurance scheme for reusable soil
- Ex-situ treatment of contaminated soil
- Development and validation of a sampling strategy for assessing the environmental quality of (reusable) soil
- Sampling strategy (pdf, 810 kB)
- Soil treatment (pdf, 960 kB)
- Sediment treatment (pdf, 1 MB)
- Heavy metal leachability (pdf, 449 kB)